Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Southern Fried Bride's 2015 Caring Hearts Valentine Project


I am excited to launch my first-ever "Caring Hearts Valentine Project" here on my blog and through my blog's FB page, The Southern Fried Bride. I had been on the cusp of doing a project like this for some time, and over the past few days, it was my best friend Kimmi who gave me the final bit of inspiration I needed to go forward with this project when she shared about a crochet project to bring warmth to those in need of scarves, hats and mittens this winter. 

Facebook can sometimes be used for negative things, but I choose to focus on the good that Facebook can often serve, such as how I have been tremendously inspired over the past few years by seeing posts in my news feed others have shared about people, both grownups and children, doing random acts of kindness for others.

My project celebrates that giving spirit, as Valentine's Day draws near on the calendar. The selected recipients of the SFB's 2015 Caring Hearts Valentine Project will receive financial resources to use toward their project of choice that they would like to do in their community this valentine season, whether it be for one person or a group of people. This project is open to both grown-ups and children, as well as teachers and classes of students in schools/organizations where this project funding would be allowed. There will be several projects awarded.

Do you know a young person who has a service project idea or do you have an idea you would like to do in your community this February?

I am now accepting submissions. If you would like to submit a project, follow the directions below according to the category you are applying for: 

Young People Category: For young people, a parent or guardian e-mail me on their behalf about the project they would like to do in the young person's own words. Please e-mail me at angelaskitchen@rocketmail.com with the subject line "Caring Hearts Project".

Classroom Category:  For a class of students, as well as homeschool students, the teacher e-mailing me on the students' behalf with the project in the students' own words. Please e-mail me at angelaskitchen@rocketmail.com with the subject line "Caring Hearts Project".

Adults Category: The application process for adults is to e-mail me and tell me about a valentine's caring project you would like to do in your community. Please e-mail me at angelaskitchen@rocketmail.com with the subject line "Caring Hearts Project".

The deadline for submitting is this Sunday night, January 18 at 11:00 pm EST/10:00 pm CST. Funding will be sent for the selected projects next week to arrive allowing for preparation time for February.

I am very much looking forward to hearing about these project ideas and the caring hearts behind them! You will get to hear about the recipient projects and if they choose, see pictures of the caring in action. smile emoticon

9 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to read about the projects that are awarded funding. Even if it's anonymous like a classroom in North Carolina received funding to do "x." Or, a woman in California wanted to do "y" for her mom's nursing home.

    ReplyDelete