Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Our First Easter as Mr. and Mrs. 2012 and an Easter Leftover Recipe

Easter has been a very special holiday to me ever since I was a little girl. Here is The Southern Fried Bride at Easter, 1977.

Here I am with The Southern Fried Husband on Our First Easter as Mr. and Mrs. 2012 at my in-laws' home in Binghamton, New York. I wore a Lilly Pulitzer dress in Classic White "Bucket O' Goodies" with blue embroidery and Craig was matching in sky blue.

My Easter Shoes 2012: Aerosoles espadrilles, Macy's. Polish: OPI "Kiss Me on My Tulips" pink, Spring/Summer 2012 "Holland" collection.


Our family attended Easter morning church service at Christ the King Lutheran Church in Vestal, New York. It was a beautiful, uplifting service. We had Easter Dinner at Traditions at the Glen. I loved our table with linen napkins of all the wonderful Easter pastel colors! Traditions served a wonderful meal. One of my favorite dishes on the menu was the Creamy Whipped Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes and my favorite dessert on the menu was their chocolate layer cake.

The Easter Bunny still comes and visits me, even though I'm all grown up now. Here is what the Easter Bunny (aka Mr. Alpaugh) brought me this Easter:

Here is a picture of what I gave my husband Craig for Easter: his first Lilly Pulitzer men's necktie in pink and green "Fireflies" print. I also gave him his favorite Reese's peanut butter egg, but it disappeared before it could be photographed with the necktie, hehe!


This is my favorite way to make use of any leftover Easter chocolate candy (IF you have any leftover...ha!). I use it to make this chocolate mousse dessert.

"Southern Fried Bride's Chocolate Dream Mousse"

8 oz. chocolate, broken into pieces (or 6 Fun Size bars)

3 tbsp. butter

6 large egg whites

3 tbsp. sugar

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped

In large microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate pieces. Microwave on High 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Remove bowl from microwave; stir until smooth. Stir in butter until melted. Set bowl aside. In medium size bowl, add whipping cream and beat with mixer 3-4 minutes until stiff peaks form. In separate bowl, add egg whites, vanilla and sugar and beat with mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture. Fold whipped cream into mixture. Spoon into 6 dessert cups. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Serve and enjoy!


I love the way JCPenney has re-branded their company. When I saw their April commercial to the song "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows", I loved it so much, that I paid a visit to their store the very day I first saw it and went straight to the shoe department. I found my newest pair of spring shoes that I am wore on Good Friday: blue denim wedges with bow detail. Mr. Bunny wanted to be in the picture, too. He sings an Easter version of "Rockin' Robin" with a special background singer hiding inside the egg. ♥



Be watching this week for the announcement of the "Spring Entertaining Giveaway" winner!

2 comments:

  1. I love mousse! Definitely saving the recipe. I used to live in Binghamton...nice nostalgic post for me!

    ReplyDelete